Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I would like to bypass one of our ADEMCO 944-vhs door

Customer Question

I would like to bypass one of our ADEMCO 944-vhs door sensors so that I can leave the door open or closed and still have the system armed. Can I just cut the wire on the sensor and then twist/splice the two free ends going to the monitor panel together?
Thank you
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have figured this out myself so please cancel my request and all charges.
Thank you.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

It depends. You can do this if it is not a supervised sensor. "supeevised" sensors are set up so the panel knows if they have been cut. You can usually tell by whether the sensor has an end of line resistor wired to it, but it is not always the case.