Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience:  I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.
58743995

DSC Alarm installation pc1832 - need to program zone

Customer Question

DSC Alarm installation pc1832 - need to program zone descriptors - for instance, Zone 1 = Front Door. How do you enter "Front Door " in *001 from keypad?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Ken,

Have you tried pressing the numerical keys several times to get the alpha characters displayed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
but no success. If there was a legend for the keys it would be helpful but I have not had any luck finding one. The installation manual does not mention this. Please let me know if you find one or have more detailed info. Thank you Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I'll see if the other experts have any idea on this one.

Expert:  Eric Billings replied 10 months ago.

The process is not completed through the main panel programming, you need to enter the keypad programming. Please read the attached keypad installation guide provided. If this is not the correct keypad model let me know what you have and I will get you the correct information.

Just because it say's I am ready to be rated doesn't mean our conversation is over, it is merely an option. Please rate me when you feel it is appropriate (that's how us independent contractors get paid), they say the conversation can continue after the rating but I think it is more appropriate for you to wait until we near the end of the project.

Regards,