Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I can not get the opener to work with remote built in

Customer Question

I can not get the opener to work with remote built in Lincoln, remote button and keyless entry on side of garage.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am wanting to connect three remotes to my opener. One remote is located in my Lincoln vehicle, the second one is my hand remote and finally the keyless entry on the side of my garage. The opener will not receive the equipment.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home-Security Technician should know?
Customer: I don't know it is a Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional 1/2 hp door opener
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the Home Security Systems category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

What is the model number of your opener?

Different openers have different requirements for remotes. Not all remotes are compatible with all systems. But if you can please tell me the model number of the opener and the model numbers of the remotes that you have, I can check and let you know for certain.