Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience:  I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.
58743995

I bought s house with nx-6v2 system but got no code. What

Customer Question

I bought s house with nx-6v2 system but got no code. What can I do
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I feel that your question deserves an answer, though you have evidently found a solution elsewhere.

Have you tried the default code:

*8, (9713)

? That sometimes works with this model.

Is there any chance of your being able to contact the former owner of the house, and ask for the code?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That didn't work and I don't know how to contact previous owner. I didn't use the alarm. The battery died and I set the alarm by accident that is where my problem started

That's real trouble.

Do you want to try to salvage the alarm? or would it be enough to disable it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need to get it working. I'm selling the house

Instead of the code

9713

try the codes

1111

or

0000

or

1234

just in case they are default codes and in effect.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That doesn't work. A security company said they could fix it for $75. I thought maybe I could get the answer for $30
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's why I contacted this site

I'm sorry that my suggestions so far did not help.

Be sure that any security co. you hire guarantees their work, I would advise.

As to what more I could suggest... I honestly am out of ideas and suggestions.

So I have Opted Out of this case, opening it to other Experts in this category, hoping that one of them will pick up the case and can provide the relatively inexpensive fix the situation needs.

Expert:  Anthony replied 10 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok Russell thanks for trying. Maybe someone out there has the answer
Expert:  Anthony replied 10 months ago.

'

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If I can just disarm the unit it would be a start
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if the default 1234 code or 123456 code doesn't work (this panel can use 6 digit codes as well) and you do not have the "go to program" code you are out of luck (That would be the 9713 code that the previous tech mentioned, it could also be a 6 digit code of 971300). You will be best off if you can get the original installing company to come out as they would know the installer code. This panel is lockable by the installer whether they downloaded it or programmed it locally, most companies lock their systems with a company wide installer code but some companies that use forward thinking will assign a unique installer code for each installation. Here in CA the company must "unlock" the program for a the end user when asked so they can have another company take over the service (result of a very big lawsuit with the largest CA alarm company). I verified with the factory today on your behalf that there is no "back door" into the program. If you would like an installation and/or user guide please let me know and I will provide one for you.

Just because it say's I am ready to be rated doesn't mean our conversation is over, it is merely an option. Please rate me when you feel it is appropriate (that's how us independent contractors get paid), they say the conversation can continue after the rating but I think it is more appropriate for you to wait until we near the end of the project.

Regards,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Eric
I don't think this unit has ever been monitored. I've contacted a monitoring company to see if they can help.the alarm is active and I can't turn it off. If I could turn it off without leaving it unplugged I'd be happy. I'd let the new owners figure out the access code. The way it is now if I plug it in I can't open the door without setting it off.

Too bad you can't leave the alarm out of the equation for the sale of your house and let them work with a company of their choosing. Would make you life a bit easier.

Regards,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If anyone can just tell me how to disarm it I will be happy
The smoke detectors are tied into the alarm system
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 9 months ago.

I guess you didn't believe my answer before. I'll opt out and you can continue your futile search for a different answer, the truth can hurt sometimes I know. Sorry for your situation and good luck.

Regards,