Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Simon 3 alarm. We moved into used house and the code was not

Customer Question

simon 3 alarm. We moved into used house and the code was not know by seller. How can I get knew access code.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get the code if you don't have it. You can't reset the code on these either. What you have to do is either get the installer code, or replace the main board in the panel. The replacement, though, is not very expensive. The most inconvenient part of this is that you have to go through the programming again. All this is by design. They try to make it difficult to get through these systems with the correct credentials - they have made it impossible on most current units.

Let me kn ow the model number if you would like help finding the board.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not going to solve my problem

You must have the code to program the alarm. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.