Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a DSC 18001721 RO. It has not been activated 6 years

Customer Question

I have a DSC 18001721 RO. It has not been activated for the 6 years we have lived in this house. Recently the power went out and when it came back on the alarm was armed and began alarming. We disconnected the wires from the loud alarm box but are not able to figure out how to disarm the alarm. It beeps at the two panels every time we open a door. The dogs are not happy....
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you have the 'code' for the alarm system, enter that code on the central keypad for the alarm system.

If you don't... you may have no alternative but to disconnect the alarm altogether. That is done by getting into it, unhooking the battery, and cutting all the wires that lead to the alarm system box - depriving it of power, thus completely disabling it.

Note: disconnect the phone line from it, first! or it will dial a number to inform (some authority of other) of tampering or other alteration of the alarm system.