Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience:  I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.
58743995

Home security system

Customer Question

home security system
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me the make/model of the system, and what specific problem you're having with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iam using a Vista20p with a 6160 alpha keypad Iwould like to use also a 6150rf on the system for a few wireless areas .how would I wire the 6150rf into the system thanks GF
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

Do you currently have a wireless transceiver (expansion pack) installed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No all I have is a 6160 alpha key pad
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

OKay, you will have to ADD a wireless transceiver for any new wireless devices (keypads, sensors, etc) to interact with.

This is really something best done by a honeywell certified dealer/installer. They can provide the appropriate equipment, install it safely, as well as test and configure it.

While the install isn't terribly difficult (just a few wires from the transceiver to the control board) there is a significant amount of programming that goes into this that is beyond what the typical end user is capable of. You may also not have the necessary admin access to do such programming.

Would you like some help with finding an appropriate local installer?

If you want to do it yourself, I can help you with getting the correct part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan I installed the unit about two years ago now all I would like to do is add my 6150rf into the system.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

Okay, if you installed it yourself initially, then you should be able to do this as well.

You need to add a transceiver: http://amzn.to/1NbOHJL

There is an overvivew of the programming process here that you may find helpful as well: http://help.livewatch.com/entries/20485302-Adding-wireless-sensors-to-an-Ademco-Vista-Series-panel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan I would like a another Expert take a look at this problem as I already have a 6150 rf to install into the system.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

That is the first you've mentioned that. You specifically stated earlier that you only had the wired one, and that you did not have a wireless transceiver.

I'll opt out, and allow someone else to assist you. Having complete details available will be essential to getting an accurate response.

Do not rate, or reply back, until you hear from another tech. Either will prevent another from assisting.

Good luck to you.

Expert:  Eric Billings replied 1 year ago.

Sorry you had problems with your original expert, you can add that 6150rf and wire it into the system just like any other keypad (onto the data buss terminals 4,5,6,7). Like the other tech mentioned it needs more programming, the 6150rf keypad/receiver combo will need to be programmed independently at the 6150rf you are adding. The keypad will be address 17 (if you only have the one 6160 keypad) and the receiver portion will be address 00. You will then need to use the 6160 to program the main panel to see the new keypad and receiver addresses (17 and 00 respectively) as well as whatever wireless devices you are adding (up to 16 of them). Do you still have the Vista 20P and 6150rf manuals? If not I can provide them for you.

Please let me know if I can provide any other information.

Regards,