Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience:  I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.
58743995

My name is ***** ***** i have just moved into a rented flat

Customer Question

Customer: hello my name is ***** ***** i have just moved into a rented flat and have been told that the alarm was not activated. however it has been going off since last night and the estate agent cannot get anyone to fix it for a while and our neighbours are complaining its a scantronic 9449 / 9427 how do i turn it off?!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what would you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Security Systems Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes thats fine thank you
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 1 year ago.

If you can get the control box open you will need to remove the connections labeled for the "Battery Connector" and the "21VAC Supply from Transformer" that supplies the main power to the system. If the diagram on the inside of the door doesn't show the locations of these connectors, I have attached the installation guide, please refer to page 8 of the manual for the diagram that shows the 2 locations I mentioned,.

Just because it say's I am ready to be rated doesn't mean our conversation is over, it is merely an option. Please rate me when you feel it is appropriate (that's how we get paid), they say the conversation can continue after the rating but I think it is more appropriate for you to wait until we near the end of the project.

Regards,

here is the manual