To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

I need help with an old alarm system. I believe it is an

Customer Question

I need help with an old alarm system. I believe it is an Ademco M6673. I am interested in:
1.) getting a service manual on it
2.) how do I reset the password?
3.) How do I use it?
4.) How do I know what that model is for sure>
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Teresa,

Where are you getting that part number from? Sounds like what may be stamped into the plastic of the keypad that you used to operate the system. If you look on the inside of the control panel door you should see a diagram with the model number of the panel listed on that sticker. The control panel is usually located in a closet inside the house. If you cant find the control panel please take a picture of the keypad and send that to me, I should ba able to at least get you a manual for it with that info.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Eric. I know where the control panel is, but I'm not at the house right now and won't be back there until Saturday. Can I send it to you then without any extra charges? In general, when you don't know the password ***** the security system (we bought the home thru a foreclosure), how can you reset the password?
Thank you!!

It really depends on the vintage, we may be able to access the installer level programming to get you a new master code if it is anything less than 25 years old. If it's older than that, it may be a bigger challenge.

No problem for me to wait until your Saturday visit, the charge doesn't get applied until you rate/accept the service which you would do at or near the end of our conversation. I check this site just about every day, I will wait to hear back from you with more info.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wonderful, thank you!! The unit is just about 18-19 years old, so hopefully we'll have some luck. I will be in touch on Sat.

Didn't hear from you over the weekend, how did it go?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I'm going to table this project for right now. Things are too crazy. Can I keep your name and link for when I try to tackle some other time?