Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I forgot my password to my swan security system
, I am

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Jones, I forgot my password ***** my swan security system
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying to get in the menu for playback and they are asking me for the password ***** apparently I forgot because the one I enter is wrong
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Security Systems Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question today.

IF you changed the password ***** the default, the only way to get it reset, is through the manufacturer - this is by design, since security products, but default, are secure. What is the model number of your system? Are you certain that you are using the correct defaults? If not, and if you can provide me with the model number, I can check on the specifics to make sure you have the correct default password. Otherwise, it's going to have to be something that Swan resets directly.