Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Ademco security pas is blank new transformer and battery

Customer Question

ademco security pas is blank
new transformer and battery
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello and Welcome.

I suggest you to check the following video link with the proper suggestions on what to do. If you would want me to find a more precise solution for your issue, please make sure to reply back with the correct model number for the unit in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pfKONvXAg8

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not satisfied
I have seen this video (obviously) because like I said I have already replaced the transformer and the battery. The pad is still blank
either refund my money or give some real advice. I AM FULLY CAPABLE OF RESEARCHING U TUBE.
Your website saya a professional technician will assist me
If you need more info just ask but please if you do not have real time technical assistance available (anybody can websearch or google) you shouldbe glad to refund my charges
Ademco Key pad model and serial #
N5976V1
M6673
Thank you,
Bruce o.

Yes, but the information I provided in my previous reply was absolutely as much as I was able to provide with no single piece of information about the model number of the item "ademco security pas is blank" tells me nothing. I am perfectly capable of answering whatever your question contains, but please don't assume that I know what you are talking about. Also, please don't insult me or mount personal attacks - they will accomplish nothing but waste a little time and cause me to stop helping you with the question. Your demands about refunds and insinuations that I'm not professional are prioritized in you message over the actual information I needed to help you.

I can submit your question for a refund, or I can work with you on your question if you are willing to cooperate. Let me know what you prefer - I will help you with either.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Michael,
I mean nothing personal.
My issue is that I have researched the web and I have seen the videos which is why I am not satisfied with the the original answer link to the utube video.
I assumed if you had seen the video that you recommneded, you would recognize that I did mentioned that I have replaced the transformer and battery...and that I would get at least some dialogue for troubleshooting.
So if you have received the #'s I sent earlier and you have the ability to really help then I am pleased to complete this process.
I did not want to pay for utube video that recommends I re check what I have already replaced.
If you are frustrated or cannot help no harm no foul, refund the charge.
At this point I presume you will either offer another comprehensive opportuntiy to assist or the latter.
Regards,
Bruce O.

But you haven't mentioned a thing about the problem. Please provide whatever background you can on what is happening. I have no way of knowing if there is simply a blown fuse or if you are looking at a panel that has been burt to a crisp. What are the symptoms? I now have the model numbers, but nothing at all about what your question is. If you can provide that, I will try my best to help.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The problem is the screen is blank the fuse is also fine I think I would just like to have a refund
Like I said nothing personal

If you are absolutely certain that the outlet is good (usually when this happens, it's in a multi-family home where the common electric has been cut, but if you have tested the outlet directly, common or not, that's obviously not hte problem), the next thing to test would be the continuity in the wires from that to the pad. Not lighting up at all would indicate it's not battery related. It has to be directly related to the power or a faulty pad.

Does the transformer feel a little warm? It should if it is working.

There are only four possiblities:

1. No power to the outlet
  2. Bad transformer
  3. Loss of continuity from transformer to panel
  4. Failed panel

If the transformer is slightly warm to the touch, that rules out the first two, which you have done anyway - but we have to consider the possibility, however small, of the new transformer being bad.