Roger, Customer Service
Experience:  10 plus years as an installation tech. Specialize in DSC, Honeywell, Ademco, Caddx, Napco
30429915

I can't login to my Samsung security cameras dvr. The model

Customer Question

I can't login to my Samsung security cameras dvr. The model number is ***** It is a bad emergency 2 people broke into my home and robbed us and beat my 74 year old mother up. She is still in the hospital currently and is unconscious. Please help me. I keep entering the administrator password ***** set up but it tells me it's invalid and I called samsung tech support cause its still under warranty but they are not open til tomorrow morning and these people could get away by then. I am begging please help me.
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** it would be my pleasure to help with your issue today. I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. Can you tell me what you are using for a master user and password?

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

There seems to be a way to factory default the settings on this DVR and get it back to the default user and password "User: admin Password: 4321"

To do the factory setting reset on the remote quickly press "freeze,alarm,freeze,alarm,freeze,return" You should get a menu asking if you want to reset the settings to factory default.

Note: I do not have one of these units in front of me. From everything I'm reading this doesn't appear to erase any data off of the hard drive. When you do this process be sure to read the menu that comes up to do the factory reset and make sure that there isn't any mention of erasing recorded video. It would be better to get someone from Samsung on the phone with this kind of issue, but I understand being in a hurry to try and catch the jerks who did this. Let me know if there's anything else that I can do to assist you.

Please rate my service excellent once our conversation is complete. If you don't feel I've provided excellent service, continue to respond and I'll do whatever is necessary to ensure you are satisfied with your service!!

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in to see if you'd had a chance to review my response. Let me know if there's anything else that I can do to assist you.