Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Do you know how to unlock a PC5015/PC5020 PCB?

Customer Question

Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
  1. Hello. My name is Michael. I will assist you with your question. To program this panel, you will definitely need the isntallation worksheets. I am attaching that here.

Unfortunatley, if you are referring to the installer code or master code, and you do not have it - they are burned/written to the EEPROM on the board and cannot be overridden. This is by design. The only way to get around not having the code, is to purchase a replacement board. Sorry to be the bearer of that news, but this problem is quite common... installers not giving the owner the codes they set up... so it's lost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mike,I have the worksheets and the manual. I am familiar with the lockout issue. What I am wondering is whether the procedure to unlock the installer's code on the PC5015/5020 has been discovered yet as it has for pretty much all of the other classic DSC panels in this series.

Unfortunately, no... None that I have seen. The DSC panels were easy to reset. That's not the case with the newer panels. They are more "secure". They also happen to protect the profits of greedy installers. You can replace the control board, however, for about $90.