Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.
15873252

My name is ***** ***** Rives. Would you be willing to answer

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Rives. Would you be willing to answer a few questions regarding a Honeywell Vista 20P Home Security System?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Background information leading to my questions:The Honeywell system came with my newly built condo. The realtor who lives in the area said I would never need to activate the system because the area is so safe. She was correct and I didn’t activate the system. A couple of weeks ago, I heard a loud beeping noise at 6 am. I discovered to my surprise it was coming from the three wireless keypads. I stopped the beeping by pressing one of the keys on the pad. No manual or information was given to me when I purchased my condo.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Security Systems Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Neil replied 11 months ago.

Hi

were all three keypads beeping and what was being displayed on them?

How old is the system? In other words when was it installed as it sounds like the main controller battery has failed... If so you should see bat or lo bat on the screens. The control box is about a fot square and will be in the roof or in a cupboard near the ceiling...