Roger, Customer Service
Experience:  10 plus years as an installation tech. Specialize in DSC, Honeywell, Ademco, Caddx, Napco
30429915

My name is alex. And I am trying to figure out how delete

Customer Question

Customer: HI ***** *****, My name is ***** ***** I am trying to figure out how delete footage from my Swann DVR
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have bought present for the and hidden it outside and I know they will look at the cameras to find where I have hidden them
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Security Systems Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am in a hurry as I have to gert iot done before the kids get home. Butr I can wait a few minutes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex. My name is ***** ***** it would be my pleasure to help with your issue today. Can you tell me the model number of your Swann DVR?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Roger, It is a DVR8-1425
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Alex. Give me just a few moments to get some info in front of me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I can format the hdd and wipe it all. But I do not want to that, i just want to delete one recorded file.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

There does not appear to be a way to selectively erase video from the DVR's HDD. The only way that video is deleted is with a format or if the HDD is set to overwrite the oldest data first. If you need to temporarily disable access to the videos to keep prying eyes away from your hiding spots, I would recommend temporarily putting a user password ***** on the DVR. This should limit access to the playback and can be taken back off afterwards.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

How would they normally play back the video on the DVR? Do they access it locally or remotely through a network?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Thank you for trying. Merry Christmas.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Merry Christmas to you as well. Let me know if you would like to set up a password ***** protect it temporarily and I'll be happy to help you with that if need be. Please don't forget to leave a positive rating for me and have a wonderful evening!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both remote and direct
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

To change the admin and user passwords on the DVR both local and remote, you will need to go to the user setup screen. Open the menu, then select the System tab, then inside the system tab, select the user tab. If you only have one administrator access, highlight it and select modify. From there you can temporarily change the pasword to keep everyone except for you out of the DVR. If you have more than one user set up, be sure to change the password ***** all users and make sure that you don't lose or forget the admin password ***** you change it to since it will be needed to change them back. Once you've done this, access to the DVR both locally and remotely should require the new password ***** access.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

I'm just checking to make sure that you were able to get your issue resolved. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do to help. Please don't forget to leave an excellent rating for me. Merry Christmas and Happy New year!!!

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please rate my service excellent once our conversation is complete. If you don't feel I've provided excellent service, continue to respond and I'll do whatever is necessary to ensure you are satisfied with your service!!