Roger, Customer Service
Experience:  10 plus years as an installation tech. Specialize in DSC, Honeywell, Ademco, Caddx, Napco
30429915

What does an ip of 0.0.0.0 really mean when I check on my

Customer Question

what does an ip of 0.0.0.0 really mean when I check on my services or apps it says its listening to 0.0.0.0? why
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it would be my pleasure to assist you today. Can you tell me what type of system you have. Is it a CCTV system, security system, etc. Also, if you have make and model numbers that would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

As for a general response to your question, the ip address is a set address on a network to allow incoming data tagged with the address destination to be sent to a certain point. It's usually associated with a port either TCP or UDP which would be the protocol for the data.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Let me know what type of equipment we're talking about and any make and model info you have and I'll try and assist with getting it set up and working over the network for you.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in to see if you had any further questions about your issue with the ip address. I'm here to help if you need any further assistance. Thanks for using JustAnswer and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for me.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

I'm just checking to make sure that you were able to get your issue resolved. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do to help. Please don't forget to leave an excellent rating for me. Merry Christmas and Happy New year!!!