Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.
15873252

My Name is ***** *****. We have an old system that has

Customer Question

Customer: My Name is ***** *****. We have an old system that has started beeping on an infrequent basis. Some days we will have no problem with the alarm and other days it will start beeping and will not go off for several hours. Our system is hard wired so we do not have batteries. it is a DSC system that was put in about 15 years ago. We cannot find a battery and our keypads are in the bedroom and utility room. If I turn the alarm system on and then turn it off, it will stop beeping. Nothing else seems to stop it. Can you tell me what to do. Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have what I think is a short in the system as we may go a day or two on our DSC with things going well. Then their seems to be a short in the system and the Beeper will come on.What to you think might be the problem. I am aware this is an old system and we may have to replace it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Neil replied 11 months ago.

Hi

This sounds like a battery problem... There is a battery in the controller which is a box about a foot and a half square that will be in the roof or in a cupboard near the ceiling...

To confirm this press *2 and tell me which zone light is lit... If 1 then change the battery