To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

My alarm gives 2 short beeps and nothing seems to stop the

Customer Question

Customer: my alarm gives 2 short beeps and nothing seems to stop the beeps
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry morning neil
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Security Systems Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: nope I will keep exploring - its got to be main battery or something unknown - will call company monday
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-t1vaa1ru- replied 11 months ago.

Do you know the make and/or model of the alarm system?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ademco Vista-20SE/Vista-20HWSE 6139 I believe
I have tried all the manual I downloaded says - nothing works
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
apologies need to be taking puppy for walk - will check back on return. Question is to how to stop the 2 short beeps. I inherited the system when purchased the house. Normally of sensor is faulty then code or a button press silences the unit. This time beeps persist. Could be the main big power battery, still how to turn off sound?? The aforementioned honeywell system looks identical.

What does it say on the keypad. If you have a keypad that just displays zone numbers then you should have a green light and an "AC" in the upper corner of the screen. Nothing else. the green light on means it is ready to arm and all doors/windows are closed. You're welcome to give a call. I'm in New Jersey. home-***-***-****-Kevin Baum

One more thing-when does it beep. Does it beep when you open a door or window? Could the chime feature be on?

I'll be running out doing errands. Give me a call on my cell if I am not home. cell-***-***-****. I believe it is something simple and we should be able to resolve it over the phone. Thanks,kevin

Expert:  Neil replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Neil here, I wasn't online before..

Your problem could be either a chime zone or a unresolved fault... To identify which I will need to know a little more:

1. Is the two beeps regular, if so over what time frame is it repeating

2. If irregular is it related to movement in one particular zone

Once I have this information I can call you and work through what is the problem