To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

I have a few questions regarding security camera systems. I

Customer Question

I have a few questions regarding security camera systems. I have some ip cameras not sure of the brand and am using a poe switch to connect them. I have a few cameras connected in an area of the building will doesnt get much light period so the ir is always on. The camera displays alot of grainyness especially when I look at the wall and the floor close to the camera. Also I see the concrete floor is a little fuzzy. Is this normal?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 11 months ago.

It certainly can be depending on the quality of the camera, you will get what you pay for with cameras. If you are looking to get better cameras these 2 websites seem to have pretty good selections and the first one shows examples of the cameras in action. http://www.backstreet-surveillance.com/ & http://www.securitycamerasdirect.com/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

What can be done on the settings side to help this situation? Also, is this the way all cameras behave in extereme dark conditions?

No not all cameras look that way, but it is very common, probably a matter of product quality in your case. If your cameras have white balance adjustments I would start there. Obviously focus and zoom (if applicable) are critical as well. Knowing the brand and model would help, we could get you some info on adjusting it if it has that capablility.