To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

I have a system that was installed in 2000. I tried to

Customer Question

I have a system that was installed in 2000. I tried to change the battery in one of the smoke alarms. When I put the battery back in, the alarm sounded. Now the panel says "19 check." How can I fix this? The system is not being monitored, so I do not have a local company to call.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the model # ***** your alarm system and also its approximate age?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do not know model. 15 years old
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tired of waiting. Still there?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I feel like I paid $38 for nothing.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Bye
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi I respond as soon as I see your replies;-)

I will need the model # ***** order to help you correctly. As this is a technical issue that we can help you solve but we need the details so we know what we are working on.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

The model # ***** be on a tag somewhere on the unit. It may be on the back or side.

Expert:  JACUSTOMER-t1vaa1ru- replied 11 months ago.

I'm not sure what type of wireless you have (Napco,Honeywell etc...).But you should be able to clear the "check" by you disarming the system or pressing reset. If it doesn't clear, some smoke detectors have a tamper on the underside and will sound as soon as you move it from it's base. It is a small button that will compress when you lock it back in it's base. The smoke detector needs to go back on the same way it came out. Try removing the smoke, turn it 180 degrees and put it back in its it's base. Then try to clear the "check".