Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have Lorex eco4 960h 8 channels Security System. that i

Customer Question

Hi
I have Lorex eco4 960h 8 channels Security System. that i forgot the password ***** I need help to reset it to default. Thank You
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Lorex system?

Also do you have the user manual or maybe need on for future use?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't really know. It was a gift to me.
Hi I have Lorex eco4 960h 8 channels Security System. that i forgot the password ***** I need help to reset it to default. Thank You
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks do you need the user manual for this model?

The Lorex site says this manual is for either system the 150 and the 960 which you have. Please let me know if this is the one you need, or you need a different manual;-)

https://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/security-dvr/LH150-Series/LH150_SERIES_MANUAL_EN_R2_web.pdf

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried
15.8.4 Restoring to Factory Default Settings
Restoring to factory default settings reverts any setting changes you have made to their original settings. This does not affect the recordings saved on the DVR. You can reset a single menu, or all menus.
To load system defaults:
1. Right-click to open the Menu Bar and click the Main Menu button (  ).
2. Click Advanced. Then click Load Default.But is asking username and passwordI need reset to factory default.Please help me. I was thinking there should hard reseting
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi yes thats true it doesn't erase the data on the DVR, but I'm a little unclear. Did you successfully rest to factory condition? Or need help doing that?

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was not to reset. In the manual, it says I should go to the menu then advance settings then I can reset it. It is requesting the password. I forgot the password ***** the I know the default login details, I think there should be a way to hard reset the DVR. The DVR itself don't have any reset button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Help me do the hard reset.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

good morning,

You will need to take this apart to do this in this case since you dont know the password.

IF you are able to take the system apart, we can locate a on board battery -- like a "quarter sized 1.5 volt BUTTON STYLE" battery. This will need to be removed from the mother board, terminals shorted out, and *possible* reset micro switch on the motherboard. There are various FIRMWARE versions for the L23WD960 "series" so exact steps and even mother board locations may vary . The NET of this is that , since ADMIN password ***** not provided with your purchase,(designers & installers for security purposes try to prevent

vent "DVR whipe out" in case of a theft, violation etc.to potect the OWNER's interest as best practice) IF the above BIOS LEVEL RESET does not work, this means, simply, a factory return for DEFAULT EPROM,- a level of security to , again protect the OWNER from a less than honorable employee, etc from removing critical DVR files by simply changing / erasing.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael