Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

ForemanI just moved into an apartment with a Brinks bhs

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** ForemanI just moved into an apartment with a Brinks bhs 4000a system. I don't want monitoring, I just want the local alarm. How can I reset to a factory code that I can use
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Security Systems Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I will need the reset instructions and the default master code.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Hi David,

These Brinks panels use a “Program” command button, along with a Master Code to authorize the programming sequence.

The Default Master Code will have been changed by the installer.

If the previous owner has not left a note of the code, then your only options are to connect to the Brinks monitoring system or replace the alarm. There is no way to bypass the master code.