Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience:  I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.
58743995

We bought a new home and it has an old dsc panel made by

Customer Question

hi, we bought a new home and it has an old dsc panel made by protection tions 1 and the panel is a dccs632 and they have used a weird default installer code that nobody with their their service service tech depart can figure out when they came out to my new home. now they are gone, I'm stuck and hope u can help me. The prior owner cld not even get the protection 1 sec. solutions to figure out the password. Any ideas?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 11 months ago.

If the installers left any paperwork please try any combination of numbers found there. The account number is ***** good place to start, otherwise try their phone number, your address, their license number, etc. Also check these numbers backwards as well. I have had about a 50% success rate using these methods.

Just because it say's I am ready to be rated doesn't mean our conversation is over, it is merely an option. Please rate me when you feel it is appropriate (that's how we get paid), they say the conversation can continue after the rating but I think it is more appropriate for you to wait untill we near the end of the project.

Regards,