To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

One of my ATP1000 touchpads is showing a "Bus Failure" after

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, one of my ATP1000 touchpads is showing a "Bus Failure" after we had a power outage. I is powered by a zone expander that went offline before the main panel did. In troubleshooting, I see that it thinks its device address is 250. I have tried to reset it to 002 (the correct DA) and it will not take the new setting. Is there a factory reset for the keypad? Other ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just that the keypad i shows the correct system time/date but is unresponsive to key sequences like * * and DISARM + code + #
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Security Systems Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Neil replied 12 months ago.

Hi

It may not take the new setting due to the bus being down... Is there a keypad that connects directly to the controller?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What does the Device Address DA 250 mean?
It appears on the keypad when I press D & 6
Expert:  Neil replied 11 months ago.

D250 is the default address the keypads go to if not programmed...

However to reprogram them you will need a working connection to the controller which it sounds like you may have lost...

Is the bus connection direct to the controller or via the expander? If via the expander is the expander talking to the controller ok? Can you open zones and see it on the controller keypad...