Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience:  I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.
58743995

Why is my Honeywell vista 20 p showing a message to checker

Customer Question

Why is my Honeywell vista 20 p showing a message to checker my sliders after I changed batteries? How to I clear this message?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 1 year ago.

Try turning the system off 2-3 times in a row. If that doesn't work you may still have the cover not snapped in place well or the batteries are in backwards. This is assuming that the problem started with a low battery indication. If not and it just went into check on it's own you have a communication problem with whichever unit(s) are showing check. Could be a bad transmitter or something new in the house is getting in the way of the wireless transmission. Have you moved any large metal objects around lately, including mirrors? This time of year some Christmas decorations can be an issue as well.

Just because it say's I am ready to be rated doesn't mean our conversation is over, it is merely an option. Please rate me when you feel it is appropriate (that's how we experts get paid), they say the conversation can continue after the rating but I think it is more appropriate for you to wait until we near the end of the project.

Regards,