Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience:  I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.
58743995

I HAVE LYNXR/LYNXR24 SECURITY SYSTEM LOST THE CODE. I DO

Customer Question

I HAVE LYNXR/LYNXR24 SECURITY SYSTEM LOST THE CODE. I DO HAVE THE TRANSMIITTER SERIAL NUMBERS.
I WOULD ILKE TO REST HOW CAN YOY HELP ME?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 1 year ago.

A few questions before we start:

Did you lose the master user code or the installer code or both?

How comfortable are you with the operation and programming?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to reset the pass word
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i lost both.
MS 9200. Waiting

I'm not sure what the MS 9200 is referencing (to me that is a large fire alarm control panel)

For the LYNXR OR LYNXR24 you would need to default the system back to factory settings and reprogram the unit from scratch. I have attached the installation guide to assist you in the programming process. Without the installer code you will need to enter programming by powering down the unit and starting it back up a few minutes later. When it powers up you will push the * and # ***** simultaneously to enter installer level programming, the *97 command on page 14 will reset all information to factory settings. If your system is being monitored by a central station that information will be lost also. The instruction book should be able to get you through the rest of the programming. Please let me now if you have further questions. Please rate me when you feel we are done with our conversation.