p0llinate
p0llinate, Technician
Experience:  Home security and home automation systems expert
59725966

I have a Digital SecurityControl, Ltd. system in my condo.

Customer Question

I have a Digital SecurityControl, Ltd. system in my condo. The people who owned my condo years ago put it in. All of a sudden it is beeping and I can't stop it. All my doors are closed. How do I stop the beeping? CB
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

That model number doesn't look quite right,

but in most cases you will have this issue when the backup battery gets low or fails. Replacing that battery will usually resolve the issue.

Find the master control panel (usually a big metal box in a closet somewhere), open it, and you should see a small battery like this: http://amzn.to/1lFB6Vr

If you have that, go ahead and disconnect the leads to it, which should temporarily silence the system, then order a replacement battery.