To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

Just installed a Swann system. Cameras work well, went

Customer Question

Just installed a Swann system. Cameras work well, went through the entire set up wizard, but it doesn't record. What could I be missing?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 1 year ago.

What model recorder are you using? Swann is known to have the default setup to record only upon motion activation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The number on the recorder is H.264 and the number on the box for the complete system is SWDVK-1632N8. I have some cameras set for motion activation and some for continuous recording. When I go into playback it says "no files found". I haven't done anything to tell it to record, but I can't find anyplace to trigger that function.

The designation H264 is a recording format, we are looking for something like 16-3250, or M4500. You have to set a recording schedule. Should be in your booklet, with that info I should be able to get the same manual to help you out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a DVR 16-3250 I did set a recording schedule. It is done camera specific so I set some to record continuously and some for motion recording. It seemed very straight forward but clearly I'm missing something simple.

It really sounds like you did all you should have needed to do, when you go to the playback menu does it at least give you a list of the cameras?

I think you would be better served by trying Swann's tech support.

http://www.swann.com/us/contact-tech-support