To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

The folks who owned the home before us had a radionics home

Customer Question

The folks who owned the home before us had a radionics home security system in place. When we moved in, we did not use the system. However, the alarm has gone off everyone now and then. We were able to disarm the alarm with a four digit code. Today, the alarm was activated and we are unable to disarm the alarm. There is a locked metal box where the wires connect for the alarm - and I don't have a key. I need to disable the alarm as soon as possible.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the make and full model # ***** your alarms system?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Expert:  Eric Billings replied 1 year ago.

Check on top of the box or on the bottom, keys are typically slipped under the lip of the door so all you would feel is the rounded edge. If no key is available I would take a drill with a 1/4 bit and drill out the center of the lock and use a screwdriver to turn the lock. You may also get it by yanking on the door itself if you don't just end up pulling it off the wall. When you open up the door you will need to disconnect the battery and remove the power from the system. Probably the 16.5VAC input is on the top left hand corner of the control panel, remove one of those 2 wires.