p0llinate
p0llinate, Technician
Experience:  Home security and home automation systems expert
59725966

Have a lores l19wd...how do I get video off hdd to have file

Customer Question

have a lores l19wd...how do I get video off hdd to have file of incident viewable in other formats
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

That backup file is not in a native format that computers can open.

You'll need to download and install some special software from lorex, which you can get here: https://www.lorextechnology.com/support/self-serve/Lorex-Player-11-PC-Backup-Video-Player-for-ECO-Series-DVRs-Frequently-Asked-Questions/4900103

Install that program for your player, on your computer, and you'll then be able to open up your backup file, convert it over to an avi file to put on a video cd, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mmmm...did that...doesn't work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan...thanks for the reply re: the 2nd 1/2 of my question...as I said, unfortunately, I downloaded Lorex Player 11 earlier this evening, but I did not have any success opening my lorex backup file. The software was apparently looking for an AV1 file, so I changed the pull down to "all files" and selected my backup file, but nothing happened :(
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

I don't think that is actually the right version - the issue is that you've got an old discontinued model dvr.

When you backed up the file to your cd/usb, did you look on that storage for a .exe file?
Many of those older models automatically bundled a player program with the media.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan...there was only the 1 file on the thumb drive I backed the file up to. So are we saying that the video files can exist only on the DVR? The first part of my question had to do with getting the system hooked back up to the internet. With that, I'd be able to "remote" in and use that functionality to export media, no?
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

Well there is a difference between a "backup" file, and an "export" file.
A backup is to be reloaded and played back on the same machine.

What you want to do is actually export or copy the file off. You should be able to do that from the menu on the dvr.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well...that would be great if I could figure out how to do that. If that functionality is available without the remote services then I don't know how to access it. Again, I go back to the fact that I think the crux of the issue is that the system is not 'online' any more, so have lost functionality for alerts to my mobile phone and availability of the video editing function. Who do I need to talk to to get the system online. Are we saying I have to go to Lorex for that?
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

It is much easier to export the content from CMS software via remote access, but you can do it from the front panel as long as you have a monitor attached to navigate through the menu.