Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a gardtec 595 control panel alarm I have in my rented

Customer Question

Hello. I have a gardtec 595 control panel for an alarm I have in my rented flat. The alarm has been going off for the last hour even though I have never activated it. It's the first time it's happened in nearly 3 years. I have not been left a code in the tenancy paperwork and can't call anyone this time on a Sunday, can you please give me some guidance around how to turn this thing off? Thanks
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you first of all open the panel, and see if there is a battery inside it. If there is no battery, you may have to find the main alarm system box (which has both an AC power mains connection, and a battery inside it also.

To disable an alarm you have no other control over, you may remove the battery, then disconnect the AC mains connection also.

If it is just an alarm box that is going off, then you could disconnect that from the power instead, though the alarm may continue to silently give warning of whatever is wrong, over a phone line connection.