Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I am setting up a surveillance system with IP Cameras that

Customer Question

I am setting up a surveillance system with IP Cameras that record and display in full 1080p resolution. I want to send the video feed to two separate tvs, one is a 1080p tv the other is 720p. How do I get the feed to both tvs and display that video in their respective resolution? Also note that one tv (720p) is too far for hdmi cable and I had planned on using a hdmi over cat6 extender.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hhello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

If you are sending video from one video camera as the source, and you're doing it over IP, it can be received and displayed at whatever resolution you want on the destination device. However,, it sounds like you're using the video cable instead.. If this is the case your only option would be to use an HDMI splitter and send the signal to the to destination devices using that splitter. In this case, you will probably be limited to viewing both in 720 P. Since HDMI is digital, it is not straightforward prospect to split the signal into 2 separate resolutions.