Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

How do I get my Q-See QR404 4 Channel Security DVR hooked up

Customer Question

How do I get my Q-See QR404 4 Channel Security DVR hooked up to view on my phone while away from home, I have it hooked to my home network
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

In order to get this viewable on an app on your phone, first you have to make sure that it's viewable inside your network by using your local IP address. Once you've established that you can connect to it on your local network at home. Then you must have a port forwarded to that internal IP address from your public IP address. Then when you're outside the network you will use that external IP address to connect to the cameras. When the router sees that the connection is coming on that port it will know which IP address to forwarded to and make the connection. It's a rather complicated series of steps but they should be outlined in the documentation. If you have any specific questions about getting this done, please let me know.