Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have an Honeywell lynx 3000 and the GSMVLP4G I am trying

Customer Question

I have an Honeywell lynx 3000 and the GSMVLP4G I am trying to setup with alarmnet. I am having problems in programming. I programed options *55, *77 however I am still getting a 103 check long range radio. I programmed: *55 - 3 and *77 - 2,1 is this wrong
or right. I have activated the unit with alarmnet. I have good signal strength of -93
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I solved it no help needed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the system has a test message button on the GSMVLP4G that has to be pressed 4 times in order to register the device after you activate with alarmnet - note: some times you have to press 3 times several times for it to work but it will. You can tell when the top light, middle light blink in sequence and the bot***** *****ght turns off and the top light turns off and the middle light blinks.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. You are correct in that the check long-range radio error is related specifically to the GSM module. Is the module already activated on the mobile network?

In order to register the device on the network, you will have to coordinate with them to use the test feature on the GSM module to make the connection and the network registration. The lights on the device will tell you it's status but it looks like you know what those mean already. If you're still having problems, let me know. I'll be happy to help if you need it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey are you familiar with these panels and have a working background with them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it registered and all it is sending and receiving alarms properly with no problem. I may be missing one setting required to do a two way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am getting about -93db on the radio

If I wasn't familiar with these panels and didn't have a working background with them, do you think I would have taken your question and offered to help? Why do you ask that?

You mention that it is sending and receiving OK, but you may be missing something to communicate 2-way. Can you please explain in a little more detail what your question is now?

Have I answered your question or do you need additional information?

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service, OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT at your convenience.