Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have two (2) x10 controllers (an SC503 & an MC10A). I also

Customer Question

I have two (2) x10 controllers (an SC503 & an MC10A). I also have a 4826B Signal Receiver (plugged in to a 3-wire 240v outlet).
Neither of the two (2) controllers will operate an X10 high-wattage wall switch from certain rooms of the house. The controllers work normally in all other rooms!
I can observe the 4826B receive & pass the signal, in both situations (successful & failed requests to toggle the X10 high-wattage wall switch.)
Any thought?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Is there anything in those rooms that could be interfering with the wireless signal? (e.g. fluorescent lighting, microwave oven, cordless phone....)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a NETGEAR 300 wireless router in one (1) of the rooms (#1, office) where the failure occurs.There is an Intellitouch Xlink BT A09 (blue-tooth device) in the other (#2, laundry) room where failure also occurs.Both devices operate correctly when they are plugged in throughout the house in other areas.Please note that the SC503 & MC10A are AC devices and must be PLUGGED in to operate, so I do not understand the relevance of the reference to a "wireless signal."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My x10 is a system that controls lights in my house.Still waiting for a response.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Apologies, I thought this was a wireless system..

What type of construction is the house?

How old is the wiring in the house?

Are the problem areas (office, laundry) at the extreme end of the house, or would they have older wiring, or be on a different circuit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
House was new/built in 2001. All original construction. Wood frame under stucco. No sub-panels. I can't speak to circuits, but everything works fine, all over the house EXCEPT in these two (2) rooms which are separated, but not at extreme ends..