Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.
15873252

Nx-1300e how do I set it up to notify my cell?

Customer Question

Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that to get notifications of alarms on your cell phone, you would need to

1. hook the alarm system up to a landline or hardwire phone line

2. configure it to 'notify over phone line'

3. confgure it to 'dial [your cell phone number]' over the landline in case of alarm... instead of, as is usual, an alarm monitoring service number.

Is this what you had in mind, or is something else altogether what you are asking about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know all of that, how do I get into programming so I can change the number its notifying? I just bought this house a month ago and it's configured to notify the previous owner, how do I get into the system to change it?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

First, you need the admin code (or, passcode, to allow access to admin/setup/programming functions and settings.) It may also be known as the 'programmers code'.

Then you need to locate the number of the previous owner in memory/settings, and change it to your cell #.

Do you have programming access? if not, you may well need to ask the former owner for it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything you keep telling me I already know. The previous owner ball the house and remodeled it. He had the system installed and doesn't have any idea how to operate it as far as programming goes. I have been trying to get the alarm company to come out and set it up for me for over a month now. My house sits by itself and my son started school yesterday so no one is home now to hear the alarm. How do I get the admin code or passcode? sorry but I'm a little stressed, two houses were broken into within a mile of my house a week ago
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Hi

You will need to find the control box (a box about a foot square) and get the model number off it... NX1300e is the model of the keypad only... Also I want you to try the default install code, it may not have been changed...

*8 9713

0#

Tell me what lights come up as you go through the above sequence. Then come back to me with the response and the control box model and I will walk you through the programming steps to set the dialup numbers..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NX-6V2
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, so any luck with the default code?

This is your Installation manual:

http://www.interlogix.com/_/assets/library/I-NX6V2-IM%20Rev%20C%20Installation%20Manual.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9713 didn't work
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Ok you will need o find the control box, a box about a foot square located in the roof or in cupboard near the ceiling...

We need to power down the alarm completely (battery and power) then repower and within ten seconds enter *8 9713.

You may need some help to be able to do this as it can be tricky if the keypad is along way afrom the control box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try that tomorrow
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Try *8 971300 as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it didn't work and I can't figure out how to shut the system down. I see the battery to disconnect
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

You have to unplug the battery and unplug the plug pack that powers the alarm, if no plug pack then there might be a transformer in the box.