Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have an Ademco 6128 system and my keypad has gone out. I

Customer Question

I have an Ademco 6128 system and my keypad has gone out. I ordered a replacement keypad but cannot seem to get it programed. I have read stuff on how to get the master code etc and cannot seem to get anything to work.
Can you help me out?
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased a replacement keypad off of ebay
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi is the trouble with the new keypad?Also is does it seem to work ok as far as button presses?Please describe exactly what it is doimg the alarm system as well.thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is a new keypad and the key presses are fine.When hooked up to the wires on the back we get nothing. Says system is not ready.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that info.Are you sure the pad is wired correctly? I have to ask lol.If so, then you have a defective keypad. I have seen that with many of this model #.They had a few that were returned to the retailers due to UNIT NOT WORKING no response issues.You will need to exchange that one. Also just to let you know I as a Tech for 30 + years have gotten bad components right out of the box and they were defective.It can happen to anyone lol.Please exchange that keypad and we will see how it goes then. i will stick with you until this is all working as it should. Please rate my service kindly, at this time that way it wont cost you anything to contact me in the future on this. ALso no cost for the rating;-)Thank you and have a wonderful day!Tech Michael