Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I bought a GE NX-4V2 Alarm Panel a couple years ago.Finally

Customer Question

I bought a GE NX-4V2 Alarm Panel a couple years ago.
Finally installing it for the first time.... in my new house.
Starting simple, I charged the battery, installed terminator resistors on the 4 zones, and connected the (non-LCD) keypad.
The keypad is delivering a constant tone.
Cant figure out how to make it stop.
I can get the alarm into program mode using the default.The directions say "... the module you are programming should be the first entry. To select a module to program, enter 0, #. The 0 is the module number of the control....."
I cant find a module number anywhere.
What do I need to do to get basic functions working and the beeper to stop?
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My cellphone number is(###) ###-####I want the alarm to monitor 5 smoke detectors.
I cant even get to the point of having the smoke detectors online because the installation directions are so bad, just getting the alarm powered up and quiet has been impossible. Please note I am an electrical engineer !
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I will send you a phone offer if you accept that I can call you please include your phone #. Also you need to rate this box kindly;-)look forward to speaking with you about this.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My first time using JustAnswer. I did not realize a live call was another $15 on top of the $34. This is getting too expensive. If I can get a written answer that get the alarm system fully functional it is worth $34.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi you don't need to the phone help but it makes things go quicker is all;-) Anyway, please check all around the unit including the battery compartment for that #.Also do you have the user manual?Thank youTech Michael