Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.
15873252

Glen, any recommendations on replacement systems Honeywell

Customer Question

Hi Glen, any recommendations on replacement systems for a Honeywell 1500e? Was looking for a system that is compatible with all the existing hardwired sensors, but also accepts wireless sensors and would support cellular monitoring.
Thanks
Roy
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.
Hi When you say Cellular monitoring did you mean via GSM unit as opposed to a conventional phone line??? In other words you would like the alarm monitored but have no line... The new Honeywell controllers will be compatible:http://homesecurity.honeywell.com/home_security.html I can provide further help to pinpoint the best model once you answer above...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Glen,

Yes I would like the unit to have the capability to communicate via a cellular connection should I decide to drop my "pots" line.

Thanks,

Roy

Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.
One of the new Lynx controllers would be ideal, you can use the standard Lynx keypad or even use one of the new Tuxedo keypads... Were you looking to do this yourself or were you going to get someone in?