Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Trying to program lynx7000 . Got to screen with program button,press

Customer Question

Trying to program lynx7000 . Got to screen with program button,press button beeps but no advance.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the Lynx is that obstinate about allowing programming, then by the sound of it, you may need to 'sign in' to the Lynx panel first - by entering your code, or similar operation authorizing you as a configurer of the system.
On the other hand, on many alarm systems and security systems, to program the system you need an 'engineer code', not just a user code.
Do you have any code for your system aside from the basic user code that you enter to turn Off the alarm?