John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a lorex wired camera system.

Customer Question

I have a lorex wired camera system. LH018501H 8 channel dvr 500GB SATA HDD ECO Blackbox.
After installation the cameras worked for 3 straight days without issue. On day three, the picture started to get a little fuzzy. By day 4 no image was on the monitor from any camera. The only thing that appears on the monitor is the lorex image for each channel. The lorex tech suggested that I buy a new power cable. I did, but the results are still the same. I'm really disgusted, because I paid for the cameras and then paid an installer to run the wires thru my attic to the outside cameras. A total waste of money.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
Please check the following:
• Check the camera video cable and connections
• Disconnect and reconnect the cable at the system and at the camera
• Try moving the camera to another channel or use another cable
Also make sure it is connected to the network. If no luck, please call customer service at 1-***-***-**** in order to check the device for warranty issues.
=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all of this was done several times with a Lorex technician several weeks ago. This does not answer my question and all your answers are available in the help manual for free. No way I would pay 40 dollars for that. I was hoping for someone with experience with this particular camera and dvr device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My account was charged. Please refund the money to my Amex card. The answer was not helpful.