Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Samsung /W Observation monitor ssc17webm and a 1280

Customer Question

I have a Samsung B/W Observation monitor ssc17webm and a 1280 H Time lapse video cassette recorder ssc1280 I get picture from Monitor but I can't get the recorder to function with the monitor. Unable to see play back on monitor. I have tried to set the date & time between the two but can't. The audio does not work with monitor. How can I tell which unit is broken
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
There is a third possible problem: that the cable between the two devices is broken or not good (or, not firmly connected at either or both ends, though I doubt that.)
Be sure the monitor's 'signal source' is set to the port that the cable from the VCR is hooked up to.
Test the monitor by seeing whether it produces a picture from any other device or any other input (that may not prove it's input port from the VCR is not broken, but proves a lot about the rest of its functionality)... and then make sure the VCR isn't selecting some other output.
After that... you may not be sure of which is defective, still, but if you can make sure of all of the above, the guess will at least be informed.
The ultimate test and determination, is to use another monitor w/the VCR... or to use another input source with the port on the monitor that the VCR is trying to use.