Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Visonic powermax pro wireless alarm system. LCD screen is blank...actu

Customer Question

visonic powermax pro wireless alarm system. LCD screen is blank...actually blocked out as if all pixels are
activated
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Check the voltage supplied to the alarm system box. Whether it is the battery that supplies the power, or the AC adapter / wiring to the house current, check its voltage level under load. If it is over, or under, the ratings, remedy the situation.
If no abnormal voltage to the alarm system is found, then you may simply have a defective alarm system box. Try entering your code, or some command that doesn't require the screen to function, and see if the response is as you would expect... if so, then the LCD screen in the alarm system box may be the only defective component... otherwise, the whole alarm system box may need repairs.