Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Just replaced battery nothing works on key pad haven't been

Customer Question

Just replaced battery nothing works on key pad haven't been able to use alarm for 2years and have no paper work on the functions so that I can reset it.i brought house but there is no manual on how to use alarm.i don't even no what model it is so that I can download the manual off the net!
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would the battery needing replacement have anything to do with y it doesn't work?originally it worked then batt came up on screen and I've had no access with the control panel?the only thing that comes up on screen is 05 check & 06 check but nothing happens when I put the code in!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
By the sound of it, those codes imply that you have a Vista alarm system panel. CHECK 05 and CHECK 06 imply that two zones have alarms or fault conditions, and that's why the system is telling you to check those two zone numbers.
What are those zones? unfortunately you may have to trace them out, or look for a diagram, etc. Or just plain figure out where the open door, or open window (or etc. fault condition such as a wireless remote sensor being also in need of a battery!) ... is located, and thus roughly where the zone(s) is/are.
As for a Vista panel and how to operate it, e.g. a Vista 10E (a typical model #, at least):
http://www.security.honeywell.com/documents/vista10se_via30pseUM.pdf
is a manual for that model series, the Vista 10SE and/or the 30PSE.
If this answers your question adequately, please rate my Answer - favorably I hope - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.