Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an Ademco Vista Series vista-20p but haven't used

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Ademco Vista Series vista-20p but haven't used it for months. It suddenly start beeping every 30 sec today with no fault msg on the keypad note. I can't shut down by turn it off on keypad or any other quick demand there. The keypad shows ready to arm. How can I solve it?
Thanks,
Elaine
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't access to programming mode by input code+800 either. I tried all the chime off, off, bypass, didn't work.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Your alarm system's battery might be going bad, and not supplying voltage sufficient to power the alarm system box in a power-off emergency condition.
Or, the battery may be low because power is not being supplied to the alarm system and has not for some time, allowing it to discharge.
Check the power connection to the alarm system.
Check the voltage across the battery against its specified voltage value.
A beep every 30 seconds sounds like a battery or power problem... though its unresponsiveness and lack of any fault message don't quite correlate with that. Who knows, the alarm may simply be 'broken', i.e. falsely sensing a non-specific non-error as an error. In which case, it will need servicing by a good alarm system service/repair co. in your region.
(Note: generally, in my experience, alarm systems are as reliable as refrigerators. They very seldom actually 'break'.)