Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Gemini alarm, and have come home and it will not shut

Customer Question

I have a Gemini alarm, and have come home and it will not shut off. What can I do? It is not connected to a security company
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The first thing to do in such a case is, enter your code, to try and clear the alarm.
The second thing (esp. if the alarm still won't shut Off), is to determine what error is still pertaining, or what alarm condition still is present, and relieve that condition. E.g. broken window protected by alarm, or wireless alarm sensor whose batteries have gone flat, etc.
Look for a Zone indicator on the alarm system box. That's the place to look for any error condition. Also check for any alarm error code, etc., on the alarm system box's display.
The third thing - since it isn't connected to any remote monitoring, you seem to say - no phone line for instance, to it? - is to pull the plug on the alarm system box, and/or the alarm klaxon, horn, or whatever other alarm sounding device it has. And call in a repair firm later, if so desired.