To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

I want to buy a internet-accessible code-driven exterior door

Customer Question

I want to buy a internet-accessible code-driven exterior door lock. I do not have a home automation platform presently, but do have reliable broadband and extensive structured wiring (and I'm not afraid to add more).
My primary concern is reliability. I want to be able to enable/disable access codes via the internet. I see several products on the internet that appear to accomplish this goal, but don't have any idea as to their quality/reliability/etc. I imagine spending around $500 for the lockset and automation platform (I've not seen a WiFI product that looks mature).
Please give me recommendations of hardware you have hands-on experience with. Thanks!
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me what "products on the internet that appear to accomplish this goal" are, by maker and model #, a few of them at least.
I may or may not have hands-on experience with them, honestly, but I will at least be able to give you some idea of the prestige of the products you are considering.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response but I am seeking someone who has experience with, and is able to recommend specific products. I can explore reputation on my own.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
If you are concerned about the privacy of what you divulge, you might want to have your question (and responses to it) marked as Private and thus not viewable from the Internet in general.

As it is, I have honored your request and have Opted Out of your question, opening it to another Expert, with more experience in the products you are asking about. Thank you for your patience.