Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.
15873252

I'm trying to figure out what some of the better IP cameras

Customer Question

I'm trying to figure out what some of the better IP cameras are out there for business security . I've been using a few cameras that are only 1-2 megapixels that can't read a license plate or take a clear face image at 20-50 feet. Any suggestions on a high quality Ip camera system or camera alone that can take good quality surveillance video ?
Thanks
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.
Hi
You will pay a lot more for "name brand" cameras...
But for the best quality brands like Pelco, Panasonic etc will give the best results:
https://www.pelco.com/video-surveillance-camera-security-systems/fixed-ip-internet-protocol-camera-systems
With CCTV its best to set a budget then get the best possible product for that price. Cameras can vary in price from less than a $100 all the way out to $10000 or even more. Its a case of working out what is important for you to capture and trying to achieve it within budget.
What sort of application are we looking at?