John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

I bought the belkin NetCam this last week and I cannot get

Customer Question

I bought the belkin NetCam this last week and I cannot get to to connect to my home wifi. I even did a reset on the camera and did eveything I was suppose to do to get it to connect. I have 2 wifi's in my home and it will not connect to either one. I m leaving in 8 days and I would love to be able to keep an eye on my home
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Do you have a computer with Windows 7 or Mac OS (which one?) that can currently connect to your internet via wireless? This would help to confirm your wireless network password.

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab2 and Samsung Galaxy Ctellar cell phone that I got on the same day and I have hooked up to both my wireless networks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I do have windows 7 plus a new Galaxy Tab 2 10.2. Also, why will it not hook up to my ethernet?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Please follow the steps below from your computer with Windows 7 connected to internet via wireless and you will see the network key:

1- Click Start

2- Click Control Panel

3- NOW, make sure you select "View by: LARGE ICONS" on the upper right corner.

4- Click "Network and Sharing Center"

5- Click "Manage Wireless Networks" on the left

6- Double click your wireless network name

7- Click the "Security" tab

8- Click "Show characters"

9- Now find your password next to "Network security key". Write this password down.

Then connect the Belkin camera to your wireless network name, and -when prompted- enter your wireless network password (the password we just got from your Windows 7 computer).

If it works, please come back here and leave me a positive feedback (I will show you the rating buttons). I get credited by justanswer.com only when you leave me a good rating.

If you don't come back and don't rate me positively (Good or Excellent rating is greatly appreciated), then I won't be paid by justanswer.com at all. I don't get any salary here, I am paid only by positively rated questions. Don't forget to click Submit after you select the rating, please.

If it doesn't work, please come back as well and click "Reply to Expert" so we can continue troubleshooting. Please do NOT rate me negatively, just click "Reply to Expert" if you are NOT satisfied.

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry to say it did not work. I have to take the camera back to the store. I am not going to rate you but I am going to rate poor due to my problem was not resovled.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

as i stated, what you sent me did not work. i am taking the camera back to the store. thank you for you for trying.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I see you left me a negative feedback, this affects my job a lot here.

In order to solve the issue I need your feedback while trying the procedure. I don't know in what step number do you get stuck.

Thank you.