Glen Moore
Glen Moore, Technician
Experience:  20 + years of experience in home and business security.
15045141

I have a FC code on alarm panel.

I have a FC code on alarm panel.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Glen Moore replied 4 years ago.

Courtesy and respect for my time and efforts is greatly appreciated. Please work with me until I can either help you or opt-out. Thanks!

This means "fail to comunicate" The system must have been monitored at some point but is now not being monitored.

Glen

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I got the failure to communicate part, ADT op told me that much. How can i resolve this. Dont wanto pay the $153 to walk in door. I replaced the siesure splitter at thr phone because cat pulled it apart. I took one wire off at a time during the swap. Should be working but.....FC
What are you refering to as the splitter? Do they just have the alarm plugged into a regular phone jack?

Glen
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Phone line goes into one of the pigtail lines, the other pigtail plugs into the phone. The bottom of the Y had green red black and yellow wires connected to it that goes to the alarm box. It is a BW-1 connector
The ted and green should be connected to the alarm and the yellow and black connect to your house phones (return)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am traveling thru monday. Ill check when i get home but im positive i have right. I just copied how the old one was and it was fine then
You will need to send in a signal to clear the FC.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do i do that?
Call the monitorong center first to put system on test and the arm and trigger the alarm.